MAP-IT™ Purity and Flow Data Collection
Installing a Nitrogen generator for your process will save from 50% to 90% off your current or anticipated Nitrogen gas bill, therefore significantly reducing your operating costs. Knowing the maximum Nitrogen flow rate and optimum purity for your process is critical in realizing these significant operating cost savings.
Ensure Maximum Flow Rate and Optimal Purity
A Nitrogen generator gives you the advantage of generating your own Nitrogen gas, on demand, with an unlimited supply produced from the atmosphere. A Nitrogen generator eliminates the need for ordering Nitrogen dewars, high pressure cylinders, or bulk liquid tank fills. It also eliminates high pressure cylinder safety concerns, and unexpected Nitrogen gas run outs. Above all, your company will save money and increase your bottom line.
South-Tek Systems now provides the patent-pending MAP-ITTM – Flow and Purity Verification Service to ensure you are arriving at the maximum Nitrogen flow rate and optimum Nitrogen purity for your process.
If your process only requires 99.9% pure Nitrogen gas, why spend the extra for a 99.999% purity unit? Conversely, you do not want to install a Nitrogen Generator that is undersized, due to incorrectly assuming or guessing the Nitrogen flow rate and purity for your process.
Why use the MAP-ITTM Purity and Flow Data Collection?
When properly sizing a Nitrogen Generator, there are times when you have identified and verified the exact flow rates and purity of Nitrogen required for the process. Then there are other times when:
- You are running a process that has not used or required Nitrogen to date. Now you want to move toward using Nitrogen for process improvements but you do not know the flow rate and/or the purity of Nitrogen required in order to meet your process demands, or…
- You are using liquid bulk, Nitrogen dewars, or high pressure cylinders of Nitrogen currently, and you want to move toward installing a cost effective Nitrogen Generator. Just knowing the amount of Nitrogen you use during a shift, day, week, or month does not necessarily allow accurate determination of what your peak demands are.
Nitrogen generators need to be sized to meet those peak demands. Hence, you may not know your exact maximum flow requirement for your process and/or you may not know the optimum Nitrogen purity for your process. Again, these two targets are essential in order to correctly size a Nitrogen generator.
Your process, process control, and ultimately your end product are too valuable to guess or assume the supply of Nitrogen flow rates or purities for your process needs. South-Tek Systems now provides the patent-pending MAP-ITTM Flow and Purity Verification System to ensure you are arriving at the maximum Nitrogen flow rate and optimum Nitrogen purity for your process.
The MAP-ITTM Solution
A South-Tek Systems technician visits your facility with the portable MAP-ITTM Flow and Purity Verification System. The system is simply inserted into your Nitrogen piping, upstream of your process. In most cases, we will require no more than one to two days at your facility to assist in determining the maximum Nitrogen flow rates and Nitrogen purity your process requires.
The MAP-ITTM System will first determine the maximum flow rate you require or will require for your process. Once the maximum Nitrogen flow rates are established, the MAP-IT™ will output varying degrees of Nitrogen purity at the established flow rates in order to identify the optimum Nitrogen purity for your process. Starting at ultra-high purity Nitrogen (> 99.999% or >10 PPM), the MAP-ITTM can modulate the Nitrogen purity to incrementally achieve higher PPM until the optimum purity can be identified, digitally recorded, and a report generated. We work closely with your Operations/Production and Quality Control Departments to determine the optimum purity required for process control.
Site Setup for The MAP-ITTM System
- The MAP-ITTM simply inserts into the Nitrogen flow line from your current or planned Nitrogen source to your process.
- Once you arrive at maximum Nitrogen flow rate for your process the MAP-ITTM will display this flow rate for record.
- Maintaining the Nitrogen Flow Rate at a steady state for your process, a secondary (slight) stream of instrument air (clean, dry compressed air) is introduced incrementally and recorded until you have reached an acceptable/optimum Nitrogen Purity for your process.
Now you have the maximum flow rate and the optimum purity of Nitrogen documented and from here a Nitrogen Generator can be sized accordingly to meet those requirements.