Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) Filtration Technology
PSA is a safe and reliable method for generating high purity Nitrogen gas on location for a variety of industries requiring N2 in their applications. PSA Generators use a Carbon Molecular Sieve (CMS) material inside a vessel that becomes pressurized with air. The O2, CO2, CO, and other molecules from the air are captured in the CMS while the N2 molecules are drawn off into a Nitrogen receiving tank. The O2, CO2, CO, and other molecules are flushed from the CMS by depressuring the sieve bed and the vessel is ready for new air to be introduced.
- Can supply anywhere from 1 to 75,000 SCFH of continuous Nitrogen product, depending on the model
- Are an efficient, energy saving technology
- Result in high purity Nitrogen up to 99.9995%
- Have a long system life (dependent on system maintenance and run time)
Membrane Filtration Technology
South-Tek Systems uses membrane technology in select nitrogen applications including laboratory, pneumatic processes, oil & gas, as well as other N2 requirements.
Membrane filtration technology works when compressed air is forced into a vessel containing a hollow tube in the middle surrounded by a polymeric hollow fiber. These hollow fibers selectively permeate oxygen, water vapor, and other impurities out of its side walls, allowing nitrogen to flow through its center and emerge as product.
- Are designed for reliable dry N2 production at purities up to 99.5%
- A cost effective solution eliminating reliance on high-pressure cylinders from the gas company
- Offer non-electrical option for installation in Class 1 Div 2 environments
- Turnkey packages available with air compressor and tank
- Include options for O2 Analyzer to monitor N2 purity in real time and 3R cabinet for outdoor installation
Flow Verification Program
South-Tek’s Flow Verification Program is designed to help customers determine the exact Nitrogen flow rate a process requires. Our program allows you to accurately measure your flow rate requirements before you commit to a particular generator, thereby ensuring the optimum system is designed to meet your applications specific needs.
Our Flow Verification process is easy and non-intrusive. It fits simply to your Nitrogen gas line and it’s easy to monitor the flow rate display and record the maximum Nitrogen gas flow rate used in your application.