We’re currently seeking a Controls Engineer / Systems / Project Engineer to support our Team.
The Controls Project Engineer is responsible for executing projects to design and develop Control systems for Nitrogen Generation. The successful candidate will possess the ability to develop PLC and Ladder Logic control systems, and fully validate results. They will be a team player, and work to find solutions and new products that are in the best interest of the company and customer.
- Develop Electrical Control Systems for Nitrogen Generator designs, including modification of existing PLC programs and development of new programs.
- Execute technical projects to deliver new designs to customers, including developing schedules, tracking progress, analyzing competitive systems, managing resources, and solving issues that may result.
- Interface with customers, including updating status of designs, helping to solve issues, and representing the company in a professional manner.
- Collaborate well with all primary company functions, including operations, sales and marketing, quality, service, and finance.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience developing PLC Ladder Logic and HMI control systems, including data acquisition, circuits and electronics, analog and discrete signals, and networking with communication protocols.
- Experience in design of control circuits for DC power, including managing inputs and outputs.
- Ability to execute an engineering development project from concept all the way through manufacturing, including delivering results (within?) budget and on time.
- Familiarity with physical electrical component selection and validation of component quality and performance.
- Ability to create and manage electrical drawing specifications and performance validation planning.
- Experience in development of detailed specifications for control and electrical system components, including validation plan management to confirm results.
- Understanding of code compliance and experience working within a regulated industry, preferred experience with UL, CE and FM.
- Experience in standard MS Office applications, specifically Excel.
- 3-8 years of experience in development of products in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Control or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to act independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to multitask across several priorities.
- Heavy customer needs focus, with a clear ethical and professional approach.